Emergency Pet Care for Blue Island Illinois Pets

sick dog laying in bed

Is your pet experiencing an emergency during normal business hours? If so, please contact us at (708) 385-3790(708) 385-3790. While emergency cases do not require an appointment, contacting us in advance allows us to prepare and be ready for your arrival.

If your pet is experiencing an emergency after hours, please contact the following hospitals for assistance:

Premier Veterinary Group
7000 W 159th Street
Orland Park, IL 60462
(708) 388-3771(708) 388-3771

For our clients who are further south or closer to Indiana, we also recommend:

North Central Veterinary Emergency Center
2427 Ridge Rd.
Highland, IN 46322
Phone: (219) 881-1600(219) 881-1600
Fax: (219) 595-5730

How To Tell if My Pet Is Experiencing a Pet Emergency

No one knows your pet better than you do, so even the subtlest signs of change can warrant concern. If you are concerned about your pet’s health, please don’t hesitate to call or bring them in for care.

While it is impossible to list all possible pet emergencies, if your pet is experiencing any of the following symptoms or problems, please contact us immediately for further advice or instructions.

  • Difficulty breathing
  • Excessive bleeding
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Straining or inability to urinate
  • Profuse diarrhea or vomiting
  • Seizures, excessive salivation, or exposure to poisons (rat poison, plants, antifreeze, slug baits, etc.)
  • Abnormalities/difficulties in giving birth
  • Large open wounds
  • Burns
  • Bloated abdomen
  • Eye problems
  • Inability to stand or walk
  • Loss of appetite for more than two days
  • Known ingestion of foreign object (strings, needles, toys, socks, batteries, metal, coins, rocks, etc.)
  • Known ingestion of potentially harmful foods (chocolate, grapes/raisins, onions, bones, especially chicken/rib bones), chewing gum containing xylitol
  • Known ingestion of any medications not intended for your pet

I Believe My Pet Has Been Poisoned. What Should I Do?

The ASPCA Poison Control Center is the most comprehensive source for information on potentially toxic substances that your pet may have ingested. In some instances, we may contact the veterinarians at Poison Control for the recommended treatment protocols. The center is open for calls 24 hours a day.

You can contact the ASPCA Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435(888) 426-4435.*

*Please note, there is a $65 consultation fee. Please try to have on hand: the product in question, the approximate time of ingestion, and the amount ingested.