Pet Wellness and Preventive Care Services for the Greater Chicago Area
Annual wellness exams help veterinarians catch potential health problems in your pet before they become more serious and costly. Annual exams also serve as the foundation of your pet’s overall health and wellness regimen.
Our Pet Wellness Exams
At Bevlab, each of our wellness exams include:
- A thorough examination by one of our professional veterinarians
- Any vaccinations or boosters your pet may need
- Flea, tick, mite, and heartworm preventive treatment for potentially life-threatening parasitic diseases
- In-office dental care and assistance with at-home care to prevent common oral health problems and periodontal disease
- Advice regarding your pet’s nutrition needs including healthy food, treats and supplement options, as well as how to deal with special dietary needs and possible allergies
- Advice to help make sure your pet receives regular exercise and the right types
Vaccinations are critical to protecting your pet from dangerous and potentially fatal diseases and illnesses. We recommend vaccinations begin at 6 to 8 weeks of age for all cats and dogs, and that pet owners follow the schedule outlined by our veterinarians for boosters and any additional shots that may be needed.
Spay and Neutering
We recommend that you spay or neuter your cat, dog, and rabbit once they are over 6 months of age. In addition to helping prevent further pet overpopulation, having your pet spayed or neutered offers the following benefits:
- Improving your pet’s general health and wellness
- Curbing disruptive behavior
- Reducing pet care costs
- Reducing the number of homeless pets that are euthanized
While our primary focus is on providing veterinary care for dogs and cats, we do offer minor treatment for rabbits, and will provide referrals for exotic care.
Routine wellness and preventive care can eliminate many other and more expensive veterinary services. Contact us today to schedule your dog, cat, or rabbit’s preventive care visit with us.